Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Sweet Deals and shameless self-promotion!

Hi all! As you can see, I have added some links to my blog. They are on the left sidebar. In a quest to earn some needed revenue for my business, I figured this might be the way to go.
If you use one of the links to access Amazon, Flirty Aprons, Groupon or Cooking.com, I will receive a commission on the total of your purchases. I will not see who ordered or what was ordered, only a report of my commission.

I know it would be a pain to come to my blog every time you wanted to order something from Amazon, you can right-click with your mouse on the Amazon.com link and save it to your bookmarks. That way you can just access the link without having to come to my blog. I, of course, would welcome you to visit my blog anytime, but just using the links would be great.
Passing on the word to your friends and family would be greatly appreciated.

In these tough financial times, a girl has to do what a girl has to do, so please accept my apology for this shameless self-promotion.

Enjoy this sweet orange-chocolate zucchini bread. With all that fruit and vegetables in it, it has to be good for you!

Double Chocolate Orange-Zucchini Bread

2 Cups All Purpose Flour
1/2 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder, sifted
1 Cup Sugar
2 Tsp Baking Powder
1/2 Tsp Salt
2 Large Eggs
1/3 Cup Vegetable Oil
3/4 Cup Buttermilk
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
1 medium navel orange, processed in a food processor (skin and all, seeds removed)
2 Medium Zucchini, shredded (1 – 1 1/4 cups)
1 Cup Chocolate Chips

Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
In a large bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder and salt.
In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, vegetable oil, buttermilk and vanilla. Add to dry ingredients and stir until almost fully combined. Add in the zucchini and chocolate chips and stir until evenly distributed in the batter (batter should be fairly thick).
Bake for 50-55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean or with only moist crumbs attached.
Turn loaf out of pan and cool on a wire rack before slicing.

Note: No Weight Watcher's Plus Points available; by design. :)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -